REGISTRATION FOR 2016 HAS ENDED
STEM CAMP 2016
Explore the areas of science, technology, engineering & math!
This camp is intended for students going into grades 7th, 8th and 9th for the 2016-2017 school year
When: Four sessions to choose from*
Session I: June 20-23- 8:30am-11:30am
Session 2: June 20-23- 12:30pm-3:30pm
Session 3: June 27-30- 8:30am-11:30am
Session 4: June 27-30- 12:30pm-3:30pm
*If not enough students sign up for a session, you may be asked to attend a different session.
Where: LOCATION CHANGED DUE TO CONSTRUCTION AT QHS: Quincy Public Schools Board of Education Office, 1416 Maine Street, Quincy, IL 62301. Use south entrance via parking lot
Camp fee: $20
STEM CAMP INFORMATION
- Every effort will be made to enroll students in their session preference. However, if your preferred session is full, you will be contacted to choose a different session. Each session needs a minimum of 8 students enrolled, and has a maximum capacity of 18.
- Directions: The QPS Board of Education Office is located at 1416 Maine Street. The entrance and parking lot is on the south side of the building and is accessible via 14th street. You will not be able to use the Maine Street entrance. Enter the parking lot and the entrance will be a set of double doors. You’ll enter the building and go through security.
- The $20 fee can be paid on the first morning of class. Cash or check is accepted, checks can be made out to “QAVTC.”
- Parents can park in the Board of Education office parking lot for drop-offs and pick-ups.
- Students should be dropped off no earlier than 10 minutes before the start of class time, and picked up no later than 10 minutes after class has ended.
- Students can bring a snack or drink to have during their break at camp.
- Students are asked to not bring cell phones to the camp. If they need to call a parent, they are welcome to use the office phone.
- If your student is going to be late or can’t make it a day during the camp, please call the QAVTC office before class time begins at 217-224-3775.
- There is no dress code but your student should wear clothes that they can move comfortably around in.
This camp is being run by the Quincy Area Vocational Technical Center.
For information about QAVTC, please call 217-224-3775