Our primary goal at Quincy High School is to support students on their journey to graduation and beyond. To that end, we have a number of interventions and support programs in place to assist students who may be having difficulty.
- 9th Hour – An additional hour added to the traditional school day. This time is used to teach study skills, maintain grades, build connections to school and staff, and possibly recover graduation credits. Elective credit is offered for this class.
- Focused Study Skills – A class that takes the place of an elective in a student’s schedule. This time is used to teach study skills, maintain grades, and build connections to school and staff.Elective credit is offered for this class.
- Reading Intensive – A class focused on helping students develop critical reading skills. The class uses a diagnostic approach, and helps each student understand his/her reading process. Credit is offered for this class.
- Math Intensive – A class focused on helping students develop basic math skills. The class provides skill building activities as well as time devoted to working on each student’s math homework. Credit is offered for this class.
- Learning Center – This class provides students to recover credits for graduation using a state approved online learning environment.
Please contact QHS administration or counselors for more information.