1416 Maine St Quincy, IL 62301
Student Involvement Opportunities
At QAVTC, we have several opportunities for you to become involved and enhance your learning experiences by joining a student organization.
- HOSA (Future Health Professionals): This organization focuses on leadership development for students interested in pursuing careers in health sciences. Click here for more information on HOSA.
- FFA (Future Farmers of America): FFA focuses on leadership and agricultural sciences. Students are involved in regional competitions working on their public speaking, interview and leadership skills. Students can have an opportunity to attend both the state and national FFA convention. Click here to learn more about FFA.
- FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America): FBLA helps students develop leadership, communication and teamwork skills they can use for their future careers in business. Click here to learn more about FBLA.
- Student Ambassadors: At QAVTC, we consider our students to be our best assets. Our Student Ambassador program allows QAVTC students to talk with other students from surrounding areas about their experiences in Career and Technical Education. Students lead tours through our facility and have opportunities to attend CTE Day at the State Capitol and represent our program at the annual Tri-State Makerfest. They also speak about what they are learning in the classroom to help them prepare for their future at our annual Sophomore Career Day.
- National Technical Honor Society: Students can become members of the National Technical Honor Society. This organization provides recognition for students who excel in career and technical education. There are scholarships available to students who are members of this organization. Click here to find out more about NTHS.
- Rotary Club of Quincy Student of the Year: Each month our instructors select two seniors as Rotary Students of the Month. Those students are recognized at a Rotary Club luncheon. At the end of the school year, students that were awarded Rotary Student of the Month may have an opportunity to interview with the Rotary Scholarship Committee for Rotary Student of the Year. The winner of this award will receive a scholarship for an amount determined by the Rotary. It has traditionally been $2000.
- Optimist Club of Quincy Tom Eikelschulte Scholarship: The Optimist Club of Quincy provides two $1500 scholarships yearly. One is for a student attending a 4-year college and one is for a student attending a 2-year college or trade school. These scholarships are only available to students attending skill-level QAVTC classes their senior year.
- mikeroweWORKS Foundation Work Ethic Scholarship: This scholarship was created by Mike Rowe (of Dirty Jobs fame) to help bridge the skills gap. This scholarship has granted more $3 million dollars nationwide for students interested in attending trade schools. Click here for more information on the mikeroweWORKS Foundation.