1416 Maine St Quincy, IL 62301
BUSTER has come! BUSTER THE BUS teaches children how to be safe bus sitters, riders and listeners. BUSTER also talks about pedestrian safety. BUSTER also tells us how to wear our book bags and teaches us how to put on our seat belts!
Mrs. Teresa has come back to teach us how to be good seat buddies and how to put on our seat belts. BUSTER is watching to see if I am safe!
We love BUSTER! We sang his favorite (and Mrs. Sharadan’s favorite) song………………..
“WHEELS ON THE BUS”
We love BUSTER!
The Early Childhood bus will transport all children who live in the Quincy School District. Due to the amount of children we must transport, it is extremely important that children are ready when the bus arrives. It is the parent’s responsibility to see the child to and from the bus. The driver or bus rider cannot go to the door. Riding the school bus is a privilege.
- All students should be ready and waiting for the bus to arrive.
- Due to illness, weather and traffic the bus may arrive 5 minutes before or after the designated pick-up time.
- Parents are welcome to ride the bus with their child to participate in school activities.
- To make a permanent bus change, call transportation at 217-224-5910.
- No temporary bus changes.
- It takes one busing day to make a permanent bus change.
- If your child is absent, call the bus barn at 217-224-5910 and school at 217-228-7121.
- If the bus attempts to pick-up a child and is unsuccessful it will be the parent/guardian’s responsibility to transport that child to school.
- After three unsuccessful attempts to pick-up a child, the child is ineligible to ride the bus until the parent/guardian has contacted school administration.
- If a parent/guardian/sitter is not at the designated drop-off, the student will be returned to school. It is the parent/guardian’s responsibility to pick the child up.
- All children must be “SAFE SITTERS.” All children must wear seat belts.
- All children are to be “GOOD SEAT BUDDIES.”
- No food or drink is allowed on the bus.
DURING INCLEMENT WEATHER, LISTEN TO THE LOCAL RADIO STATIONS FOR SCHOOL CLOSINGS. IF SCHOOL IS DISMISSED EARLY THERE WILL BE NO AFTERNOON SESSION.