Student Transportation and Handling:
- The best way to carry a laptop is with the lid closed.
- When carrying an open laptop, it should be held by the base with both hands.
- Always walk when carrying a device.
- Laptops should never be carried by the screen.
- Laptops should never be stacked. The added weight is likely to break components, or the stacked devices could slide off.
- In transporting multiple (3-5) devices, they should be carried in a sturdy crate, box, or basket.
- Do not eat or handle food or drink when using the laptops.
- Do not pry off keys or pick/peel any parts off a device. If something has become loose, it should be reported immediately to the Tech Department via Tech request.
- Placing stickers or marking on district devices is prohibited.
- Foreign devices (such as pens, pencils, markers, crayons, paper clips, etc.) should not be be used on any district devices.
Care and Maintenance:
- Disinfectant wipes can be used on anything but the screen.
- Use a microfiber cloth to clean the screen. If needed, dampen the cloth with 50/50 distilled water and 90% rubbing alcohol mix.
- Do not use abrasive materials like paper towels to clean the screen.
- Devices should be fully shut down on Friday afternoon. This allows for the completion of pending updates, clears out background processes, and ensure optimal performance.
- Staff devices have a 3-year lease and warranty.
- As a reminder, the use policy signed by each staff member states that stickers on district laptops is prohibited. Removable vinyl decals may be used.