How to log in to and use OneDrive with Office 365
Please Note: To install the OneDrive application on a district-owned device, please contact Technology via our helpdesk system and we will install it for you.
1. To log in to Office 365, visit https://portal.microsoftonline.com and enter your district email and password.
NOTE: Logon names vary depending on the user:
for staff: email@example.com
for students: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Click ‘OneDrive’ on the top of the page.
3. From this page you can create spreadsheets, documents, presentations, etc. The tabs on the top left of the page allow for more advanced funtions. You can also share folders, files and documents via the ‘share’ button.
4. Users are allowed to install the OneDrive for Business application on their personal devices. In order to obtain the application on a district-owned device, please contact Technology via our helpdesk system and we will install it for you.
5. In order to install the OneDrive for Business app on a personal device, click the ‘sync’ button, then select ‘Get the OneDrive for Business app that’s right for me.’
6. On the following page, click ‘Install.’ Once the file has downloaded, run the installation. It will install in the background and prompt you when information is needed.
7. Follow the prompts during installation, sign in if prompted. When it is finished, click ‘All done!.’
8. Open the program by clicking Start > All Programs > Microsoft Office 2013 > OneDrive for Business 2013.
9. Click ‘cancel’ on the prompt for a library to sync.9. Click ‘cancel’ on the prompt for a library to sync.
10. Click the cloud icon in your system tray. You can then confirm that you want to sync your documents to OneDrive!